Table of Contents
Major feature of the Android Lollipop 5.0
Android Lollipop5.0 is the latest version of Android OS developed by Google Corporation. It is a huge update that has refined the look and feel of Android over the board. Android Lollipop got its big reveal as Android L on Nexus 6 Smartphone & Nexus 9 tablet, but now it has rolled out to a range of Smartphones and tablets.
It is beginning to show actual growth due to many interesting & functional features added by Google.
WHERE’S MY LOLLYPOP?
- In US, the first phone to get Lollipop was Galaxy S5 along with one Galaxy S4 user, who also received Lollipop update after he sent it in with broken screen to Samsung.
- HTC has also shared footage of its handset with the updated Lollipop version on it.
- Sony has decided to update its premium models with Lollipop.
- L.G’s updates have so far been limited to Europe, but now, Android 5.0 is on its way to America.
- Motorola has also told that both MotoX and MotoG phones will get the latest version of Android.
- Google has confirmed that Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 Smartphones will be updated with Android 5.0 along with Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 tablets.
- NVIDIA, a gaming tablet company, has confirmed that the Android 5.0 update will land on its gaming device to make its first non-Nexus device to deliver the latest version of Android.
- Asus also updates its devices with newest versions of Android after taking its time, that’s why it can be expected that the company will update their handsets anytime soon.
If you use gadgets of any of these companies then you must update your Kitkat version to Lollipop as it is the best one so far.
The first change you’ll notice after getting your new version will be its fresh look. Google has altered its designed language and named it Material Design. The flatness is still present, but it is actually based on realism. Animations are playing a big part and real-time shadows are there to present the image of deep interface.
The new physics-based animations have made possible by putting together a collection of GIFs that shows off all the best animations. For example a cool animation out of them shows off how you’ll be able to flip through all of your open notifications right from your home screen. Another animation shows the actionable notification center that allows you to pull in changes like deleting emails or managing settings without having to open up the app.
Android Lollipop brings notifications to the lock screen, so you can interact with them without unlocking your device. Also, if you don’t want particular notifications to show up, you can simply add them to ‘redacted list’ of private notifications and they won’t appear before you.
This time Android Lollipop has switched over to ART instead of a Dalvik engine to core Google applications and run third party. According to Google, ART is 4x faster than Dalvik.
New NFC Tricks:
After signing in on Google Play, Android Lollipop re-downloads all the applications you use on your phone. This is a new feature and called tap and go.
This amazing feature allows you to keep in touch with your important stuff while blocking out all of the notifications from usual applications. You can also set up a timer mode, so that if you’re busy for an hour, then set it up for one hour and it’ll automatically revert back to normal setup after selected time period.
Pin App permits you to append an additional protection layer to you phone if you want to hide your messages or photographs.
This feature represents the Google’s serious effort to address the greatest problem affecting Smartphones, which is battery lifetime. Google says that the user can have extra battery lifetime of 90 minutes. It also offers more battery management tools.
Such improvements are clearly showing that Android Lollipop aka 5.0 is leaps and bounds ahead of Kitkat.
TAG: Major feature of the Android Lollipop 5.0